decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Christmas circa 2003
Safe & Sound
C'mon & Play Along
Yosemite
Feed Me
Tummy Ache
Holiday Tip #1
Need More..
Am I Blue?
Today I Love

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas in July

It's about 50 degrees out. Sun is burried above the blanket of fog and low lying clouds that will bring in the next storm. And that daughter of mine is wearing shorts. You heard me. I guess I should be happy they are not short shorts. Because that would be too girly. They are long basketball shorts and I'm pretty sure they are boys. This is the same girl you'll find wearing a sweatshirt in the desert-like heat in August. Let me tell you this, you do NOT want to be within smelling distance of a pre-teen child wearing a sweatshirt in the heat. Trust me on this one. I decided not to say anything to her. Ok, I did say something, but I decided it wasn't worth the fight and I was late for work. Let her freeze. I did make her take a pair of warmer pants with her. I'm sure they are on the floor of the youth center right now being stepped on with muddy shoes. She's probably telling the other kids to do it on purpose!!

Choose your battles. I choose to battle another day. I'm too cold to right now!

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:20 AM