decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Wordless Wednesday
I Have Some Questions. Do You Have Some Answers?
Shriner's Convention
I'm Off Bitches
HEATHER MILLS QUOTE OF THE DAY
Does The Crazy Run In Your Family?
HOT SLUT OF THE DAY
Graveyard

I'm all ready for the Oscars

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Thursday, March 08, 2007

Panfried Filet Mignon with Mushroom Ragout

I made the most awesome dish the other night and I have the picture to prove it!


Here is the recipe. Enjoy

Ingredients:

2 or 3 Filet Mignons. (orinal recipe called for 1-1/2 lb flank steak)
1-1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 or 3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 package of fresh mushrooms
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes (I buy one that pepped up with onions & garlic)

Heat up oven to 200 degrees. Have a baking dish ready for meat.

Take steak and beat the crap out of it. I marinate it in soy sauce and worchestor and garlic for at least 1/2 an hour. Recipe calls for adding salt and pepper. I don't.

Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet. Heat until hot but not smoking. Saute meat about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Meat will still be medium rare. Transfer to baking dish and place in the oven.

Keep skillet on medium heat, add a little bit more soy sauce along with the garlic, resemary & red pepper flakes to saute. After about 30 seconds, add mushrooms. Stir frequently, scraping up any brown bits. (mmm for flava!) Cook until mushrooms are juicy, then add tomatoes with their juice. Simmer, stir occasionally until liquid is reduced by two thirds, about 5 to 8 minutes.

Transfer meat to cutting board and cut into thin slices.

Serve topped with ragout. Actually, I transfer to a pretty pasta bowl. The meat was so tender I could cut with a fork.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:07 AM