decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Waxing Nostalgic
And What Did You Do Today?
This Makes Me Sad..
1, 2, 3, FOUR
Happy New Years!
It Was Merry and Bright
Merry Christmas Charlie Brown
So True
Joey-In-A-Box
Christmas in July

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Reading Rainbow

I was commenting on J's blog about reading, or the lack there of that goes on in my household, and I decided to blog about it on my own. Of course it won't be as eloquently as J, probably because I'm becoming illiterate from all the NOT reading. Seriously, the brain, you gotta use it or lose it people. I used to be an A student in English and Spelling. I just plain suck now. Thank Gates for spell check and the online thesaurus because you wouldn't be able to read my babble right now if it weren't for Him. (I had to spell check thesaurus. See?? DUMB)

I was trying to think of what I've read in the past couple of years. I average about two books a year. Something Harry Potter and something not Harry Potter. I think the last non Harry Potter book I read was The Secret Life of Bees, which I enjoyed. Well maybe enjoyed is not the right word. It was a good read for me. I love getting into a good book. But I just can never seem to muster up enough desire to pick one up. I like going to the bookstore. I love hearing about a book someone recommends and borrowing it or buying it myself. I bring it home, put it on the floor beside me on the couch, and then a year later when I'm tired of hitting it with the vacuum I stick inside a cabinet and forget about it for another year.

Between cleaning, putting up with my husband, and smacking the child around raising my kid, the only energy I'm left with can barely hold that remote up to change the channels. Maybe when the big A is off to college and not under foot anymore I will have more time, more energy..I doubt it though. I'm gonna have to pick up the slack of doing her chores as well as my own. *sigh* You all are probably gonna have to communicate with me using charades. 3 words, two syllables, sounds like this...

posted by Autumn's Mom at 12:57 PM