decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Nothing
End of the World?
Memories of a Spaz
Silly Daydream
TGIF
THURSDAY THIRTEEN
Well Ticker me Pink!
Tuesday Tuesday
Idol 13
Got Meme?

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

ttdaisies

Finally got into Blogger!!! I hope this will do J. Here are thirteen songs I’m NOT embarrassed to say I loved back in the day and might (well most of them I do) still listen to now.

1) As promised, Wildfire by Michael Martin Murphy is tops. I don’t know why I find this song so sentimental to me. It reminds me of childhood, listening to the radio outside while playing or swimming. Honestly, I’m a sucker for a tragic love song. I think I used to wonder too much about that girl coming for him on that horse.

2) My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion from the Titanic soundtrack. Ack This one has to be my most embarrassing admission. I’ve seen the movie a million times. It’s one of the few movies M will watch over and over with me because of his love for Kate Winslet. I bought the soundtrack and would listen to it over and over again. I love the score much better than that Celine song. But I won’t change it if it happens to come on the radio.

3) Mama Told Me Not to Come by Three Dog Night. I love this song. It reminds me of when me and my girlfriend went to see this geeky movie called April Fool’s Day (the song is on the soundtrack). We had such a good time. I watched it on cable a few months ago and text messaged her that it was on. We had a good laugh.

4) Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack. Pick any song. LOVED it. Had the two record set. Saw the movie. Saw the Bee Gees in concert in 1978. My mom was so cool . If I can’t have you, I don’t want nobody baby!

5) All Out of Love by Air Supply. I had a friend who whenever she broke up with her boyfriend would play this tape. I, myself, had the record. Damn. Records. Vinyl.

6) Karma Chameleon by Culture Club. Anything by the Culture Club. Loved it but didn’t tell anyone at the time I loved it. The whole Boy George thing was. If you loved him you were a weirdo, it was hard enough being me, I didn’t want to be labeled as a weirdo too.

7) Heartbeat by Don Jonhson. I taped this off the radio. I sang a long. So what.

8) Only in my Dreams by Debbie Gibson. She was cool. She wrote her own stuff and she could sing. I’d still listen to her. Alone, with head phones. Haha

9) Do You Believe in Magic by Shaun Cassidy. My neighbor used to kiss his poster. With colored lip gloss on. Hahahahaha No, I did NOT!

10) I Just Want to Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb. Remember Solid Gold. Yea, I was gonna be a dancer too. Poor poor Andy Gibb. Tragic. I still listen to his shit. I just may order his greatest hits. Yes, he had some.

11) Endless Love by Lionel Ritchie and Diana Ross. I never saw this movie. But I did love this song. The words are still in my head. I’d do it karoke. Drunk.

12) She Bop by Cyndi Lauper. I didn’t know I was singing about masturbation! How embarrassing. She’s so unusual. Remember how she used to say that? Remember she’d hang with Captain Lou Albano? Remember wresting???? Oh god, somebody stop me.

13) Hot Stuff by Donna Summer. Also had this record. My cousin and I would listen to it in my Grandma’s basement. Now it makes me think of the movie the Full Monty when the guys are in the unemployment line and this song is on and they start doing their stripper man moves in line. UH UH!

That’s my list. Laugh if you will. I can take it. Play along you all, it's fun.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 12:31 PM