decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Got Meme?
Can You Keep a Secret?
Memories
Ode to a Backyard
WTF is a Yaris???
5 Things Instead of 13
You're Not Fat
I Miss Chris
Getting Down To The Wire
I AM A GOOD MOM

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Thursday, May 25, 2006

Idol 13

13

The good, the bad and the utterly bizarre things witnessed on last night's AI finale.

1) Let me say first, I'm so glad it's over. The finale was 1 hour and 30 minutes way too long. Taylor won and I think he deserved it.

2) Some of the top 12 got to sing a duet with their idols. Katharine McSucksAlot picked Meatloaf. Meatloaf. Who picks Meatloaf as their IDOL??? I think she picked him because she thought he would make her crappy ass sound like a better singer. I thought they both sucked.

3) Chris got to sing with his idol band Live. I thought it was good, but looking at him next the lead singer of Live, was a little weird. I think Chris is that guys doppleganger. Is it LIVE? or memorex. haha

4) Watching Paris and Mandisa sing circles around the other contestants made me really think about why they were not in the top two. hmmmm

5) Prince on American Idol??? What is the world coming to????? (Sidebar...best concert I've ever been to was Prince last year)

6) Puck and Pickler. Was this really necessary? They set up the Pickler to learn more about exotic foods with Wolfgang Puck. It was excruitiating to watch not once but twice. See, this is why the show really only needed to be an hour long at the most.

7) This year, they came up with this ridiculous gimmick where they were gonna give out "Idol Awards" to contestants who didn't make it even into the game. BORING. Well, one was kind of funny in a truly warped sort of way. I guess there was a Clay Aiken wannabe who'd tried out for Idol. He couldn't carry a note in a bucket. He idolized Clay and looks more like Clay used to than Clay does right now. So he accepts whatever dopey fake award that was given and Seacrest asks him if he wants to sing. ACK Of course he does. So he's singing and all ov the sudden the back door/curtain opens and the real Clay Aiken comes out singing. This little dude almost puddled right there in the middle of the stage. If he his legs hadn't turned to jello, I think he'd of ran right over and started humping Clay's leg. And you know that bitch would have liked it. (Sidebar...is Clay a drag queeen? What is UP with that dude!!!)

8) The one thing I did enjoy this season were the Ford commercials. Yea, it made me wanna go buy a convertable Mustang, so what? Kat and Taylor both were given one at the beginning of the show. SWEET! My fav commercial was the one where they are trying to find the little bull dog that got away. And the one where Taylor, Kat and Elliot are all made up to be really old but still hip. good times.

9) I think I'm finally running out of things to say about this stupid show :D I promise this is the last post I do about it.

10) Carrie Underwood. Truly talented and beautiful to boot. Kat should have tried to emulate her a little more. She way have won that way.

11) Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Burt Bacharach. They should have had this bitch on sooner and done a whole theme show with his songs. That would have been good to watch. Ms. Dionne Warwick is aging gracefully, I must say. Too bad her neice isn't as lucky :(

12) OH. And um, is Toni Braxton a man? Dude, her voice is so freakin low. I couldn't hardly hear her singing it was so low. She is beautiful tho. Taylor was trying to get giggy with that. Sooooouuuuuuullllllllll Patrol! huh huh I got your soul patrol right here baby. huh huh (think Beavis)

13) Did I mention I'm so glad it's over????? The real American Idol is Chris Daughtry and I know he'll be HUGE someday. But I'm glad Taylor won. He's a cool dude and he does have that soul thing going on.

Thanks for indulging me one last time.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:42 AM