decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

We made the decision pretty early on that Autumn w...
Halloween 1999
I Totally Stole This
Because I Got Nothing Else
DVD Friday
Battery Low
Amateur Photos: Episode I
Indian Summer, What Happened To You?
Happy Friday
Evolution of a Night Light

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Friday, October 13, 2006

School (UPDATED)

I did end up calling the school yesterday. I only talked to the woman in the office, Marie. She's great. She's the heart and soul of the school. She let me know that parent/teacher conferences were in two weeks. Last night we happened to bump into her new homeroom teacher, Mrs. Science. (She's the science teacher, duh) She let me know that they were changing around quite a few students. It's not so much about the ones who are being disruptive, it's more about moving kids that are struggling to slower paced classes and moving other (genius) students to more challenging ones. Still, a letter or a phone call would have been nice. She put my mind at ease and let me know that she enjoys having Autumn in her class and she really wants to see Autumn grow. Is it bad to mention that I ran into Mrs. Science in a bar???


Autumn told us yesterday that her teachers are moving her and her brainiac friend to another class because their current class is too disruptive. While I'm glad they seem to recognize her genius and care about her edumacation, I wish they would have called me. I'm anxiously awaiting parent/teacher conferences so I can get a handle on what exactly is going on down there.


Some days I feel like she is getting a decent education. Other times I feel like I give her $1.75 everyday to go to the circus. Doo do dodaloaloaloalo do doo do do

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:20 AM