decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

I'm So Bored!!
I Heart Pumpkins
Actual conversation tonight as my husband tried to...
Strawberry Daiquiri
Autumn's Beloved
My Favorite Furball
The DR is IN
I Hope I'm Not The Sour Kind
The View
Give a Dog a Bone

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Evolution of a Night Light


Autumn has pretty much always been afraid of the dark. She used to wake up several times a night for many, many, MANY years. She's always had a little night light in her room and in the bathroom and sometimes in the hallway. I've always tried to keep a package of refill lights on hand in case one burns out and my daughter turns into Regan MacNeil. (Good pull if you know this one)

Over the years, we've had a variety of night lights. And over these years they've gotten bigger and brighter. I'm not sure how this happened. We went from a cute little pink night shade, to a string of icicle christmas lights to this flower power chain. What's next, track lighting? A spot light? OOh how about a disco ball??? Between the lights and the music coming out of her room at night, I feel like I need to get my hand stamped just to get in and say good night.

This week when the last set of lights lit it's last luminescent night, Autumn had to resort to turning on the porch light that shines outside her bedroom. I'm sure my neighbors were so totally thrilled. My only saving grace is that I know my neighbor's son also has trouble sleeping at night, so your welcome!

A successful trip to Target has once again saved my ass. I bought this cute string of flower lights. All is as it should be again here on Elm Street.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:15 PM