decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

The Official Tom Cruise Birthing Plan or How to Cu...
Nothing to Say
Bad Parenting
My American Idol
Taxes
School Sucks
TORNADO WARNING
How was Your weekend?
Butterfly Town, Here We Come!
Joey's Sad

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Tuesday, March 07, 2006

DAUGHTER FOR SALE

Any Takers?? She's 11. She's pushing me over the edge. We argue about something almost every day. We need to break this habit. I raise my voice because I'm trying to talk over her. She's yelling talking over my raised voice. I try to lay down the law. She says I don't listen. FUCK! We need to break this pattern. I'm creating a mini-me Bitch. And I just don't like it. I want her to be nice. I don't want her to be like me! hahahaa She flat out told me the other day she wants to be NOTHING like her mother. Boy have I got news for her! hahahaha

Here is where I digress...My other problem with her lately is that she doesn't want to change her clothes. If I didn't say a word, she'd wear the same pants, shirt & sweatshirt to school, to bed and to school the next day. It's so GROSS. This girl is not as fresh as a daisy, if you know what I mean. This is what we argued about this morning. She wore a sweatshirt she got out of the dirty laundry yesterday. When she got in the car, I almost puked from the stench. I have given up caring about her fashion style. We have different tastes and I let her choose her own style. But I have to draw a line when it comes to wearing things that smell like the inside of an armpit. She says she doesn't smell anything. And no one else around her smells it either. I told her that's because the entire 5th grade STINKS.

When do you draw the line? When do you let things go? How do keep a balance? How do you stop fighting with your kid? There needs to be some boundaries. I just don't know where to put them. Maybe I should just put them outside my bedroom door, lock it and get in bed. I'll have a talk with her first. Lay it down. Then I'm going to bed!

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:48 AM