decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

13 Things On My Mind Today
Non Celebrity Death Match
I Am a Couch Potato
Lost
Shit! My Mom Reads My Blog!!
Happy Birthday Minnie!
Johnny, My Future Husband
We're Off To See the Wizard
The Weekend is Here
Morning Routine

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Friday, July 14, 2006

A Tale of Two Car Payments

The new car is great, thank you for asking. I love it. I had a dream last night that some jackass towing a trailer banged the hell out if and there was so much damage. I was freaked out! Glad to wake up this morning.

At the end of last year, my husband changed jobs. The old job supplied him with a work truck and gas card. That was nice. Then he joined the union. We had no economical vehicle for him to drive all over for work. Just a gass guzzling old Blazer and an unreliable pick up truck. He sold the truck and went out looking for a commuter car. He researched online and had pretty much decided on what he wanted. Well sort of. Deep in his heart he'd like another truck or a Jeep. But neither of those are very good on gas. He's a very practical being. After doing much research on line, he threw that out the window and just went downtown to the Ford dealer and bought a shitty little Ford Focus. He hurried into his decision to go with something that was just close and convenient. He was fine with it for the first few months. It gets great gas mileage. It's way too small to be comfortable in though. He offers to drive us places and I'm like, um no, that's ok. Now he is commuting with 3 other people and when it's his turn to drive they weigh down the car too much and it becomes powerless. Plus, it's a FOCUS! haha

Now that I have a car I love, I think he's looking for that same feeling from his. Last night after dinner we went and looked at the local dealer that had a used Jeep. It is a 2004 and they want too much for it. He looked underneath it and found that it was rusting and looked to have a leak. Apparently whoever owned it previously rode it hard and put it away wet. Literally. At least we know now. Today, he is out looking at the cars that he had previously researched. I'm waiting for him to call me at work with "ok, I found this car....what do you think?" haha

I guess it gives him something to do today on his day off. I tell ya, I'd rather be out looking at cars than sitting at this desk.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:23 AM