decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Blow Me
Nice Weekend
Spring is in the Air
Taking This Suburbia Thing A Little Too Far
Party Like It's 1999
Panfried Filet Mignon with Mushroom Ragout
Wordless Wednesday
I Have Some Questions. Do You Have Some Answers?
Shriner's Convention
I'm Off Bitches

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Wednesday, March 21, 2007

American Idol Anyone?



American Idol tried to rock with the original british invasion and in my opinion, it was a luke warm attempt. Being a child of the 80's, I am more partial to the second british invasion. A lot of these sings are so young, why torture them with songs from well before they were born? And then critize them for sounding too old. I don't get it. I decided last night to TiVo AI so that I could fast forward through any really painful parts. Except that LynnDenise said I HAD to watch all of Sanjaya's performance. Without any alcohol, I knew this was a tall order. I'm sure you all saw that kid crying her heart out watching Sanjaya? It reminded me of the girls watching the Beatles play. Crying and carrying on. What was up with her? Was she some Make A Wish kid? Was she a plant? Did she get paid to do that?? I'm synical. I don't believe she was that emotional over freakin American Idol.

Here are my predictions for how this shiz is gonna play out.

Sanjaya Malakar must go home tonight. Yea he rocked out and had fun and all that. But his performance was just a joke. He is the weakest link. Goodbye.

Phil Stacey will be next. He's got a good heart, but he's just not as strong as the rest of the pack. I haven't heard anything from him yet that saves him in my book.

Haley Scarnato is another weak link. She was cute last night, but honestly, I never thought she should have made it into the top 12. She's just not Idol.

Chris Richardson's cuteness is only going to carry him so far. He's got the look and I think he can sing. But he's never given that over the top performance.

Gina Glocksen can rock! Unfortunately, she has a hard time rocking and singing at the same time. This one is a hard one for me, because I really dig Gina. But she needs to sing first and rock out second. I flip flopped Gina and Chris a couple of times here..in the end I think I'd rather see Gina one more week.

Chris Sligh has been fun to watch. He's got a voice and rocks those Buddy Holly glasses. His performance have been mediocre andI don't think he's going to be in the top 3.

Stephanie Edwards a week or two ago was in my top three. I think she's getting lost in the mix. Everyone is comparing her to Beyonce, which I think only hurts her when she doesn't pull off a song. She's good, but I don't think she's going to be in the top 3. Jordin totally edged her out this week!

Jordin Sparks is the BOMB. She's so young and cute. And girl has a set of pipes! I love her and think it would be great if she took the whole thing. In a different competition without a Lakisha and a Blake, she could.

Melinda Doolittle is an amazing singer. She's very humble almost too a fault. I don't think she brings any presence along with her singing though. I totally see her in the top three, but not taking home the title.

Blake Lewis is so fun to watch. I can totally hear him on the radio and think he'd make a great young hip music producer. He's definitely going to have a career in music. Will he be strong enough to take it all? Maybe.

If Lakisha Jones doesn't win this thing, America needs a serious reality check. She's got IT. She and and Melinda are in a singing league all of their own. Last night's performance was blah, but honestly she's young and the 60's are just not her thing. I say we just give it to her tonight and move on to another show already!

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:04 AM