decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Wordless Wednesday
Monday Morning Review
Who Am I You Ask?
Happy Admin Professionals Day!
Scott Baio is 45
Had a Bad Day
Hallelujah!!!!!
A LITTLE SILLINESS FOR WORDLESS WEDNESDAY
HOT SLUT OF THE DAY
Happy Birthday Joey!

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Thursday, May 03, 2007

Prom Night

Did you ever see that movie Prom Night? A Jamie Lee Curtis classic. Anyhoo, this is not about that. It just popped into my head. The other day, Gina had a prom flashback which turned into a Dot flashback. I wouldn't say I was a nerd in high school, but I didn't have a lot of friends. I was too shy for a boyfriend either. So I never made it to my own high school prom. Which was fine.

When I was 19 and had dropped 25 lbs and gained the bubbly personality I still have today, I met a guy still in school who was to be my first boyfriend. (As a side note, I only weighed 150 in high school. How sad that I thought I was so hefty.) So Prom is rolling around and of course, he wants to take his girlfriend. We lie and say I am still in school somewhere else and I get the pass to attend. My mom buys me (what I thought at the time) was the most beautiful peach and lacy strapless prom dress there ever was. It was a size 6. Picture if you will a petite, slightly tanned PLATNIMUM tressed little girl rockin a Peachy little number with her date, a tall dark and handsome guy, with his first mustache barely noticable, dressed in a white tux. I'm starting to feel that Saturday Night Fever vibe, are you?? Together I think we looked great. In the picture however, not so much. The background was a light brownish tan. So I completely blended in. You have to really look up close to see me at all. My date on the other hand, sticks out like a sore thumb. I wanted to give you all a great laugh and post the pic here, but I was unable to find it. BOOOOO

We were driven to dinner by a friend's dad, in an econoline van, out to a restaurant full of blue hairs. They all thought we were so purty. We were late to prom. We stood in line all night for our stupid picture that turned out like crap. I think we danced to one song, the theme song which was Always and Forever by Luther Vandross (Give it up for Lutha). BUT, it was fun night. We got ready together and didn't fight or have any drama. Probably because we hadn't been together that long and were still in the smoochy woochy stage. I won't tell you what we did after prom, cuz my mom reads this! But that was fun too :D

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:12 AM