decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Are You a Little Bit Curious?
Get Your FRIDAY On!
The KNUCKLE
The Battle For Control
The Year was 1970!
Separation Anxiety
Are You Ready for Some...Softball?
OH YES, IT'S FRIDAY
I'm Still Here
Still Sick

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Saturday, February 11, 2006

Winners & Losers

Autumn is the winner. I am the loser. I finally gave in and gave her this. My sometimes better half bought it for himself online. I really should have known better than to let him alone buying shit online. He's never happy with whatever he gets. He usually sends whatever it is back. Or tries to pawn it off on me. This time I had to agree with him, this particular phone just sucked. So, we did what any good parent would do. We gave it to our kid. She, of course, is over the moon. It's not even activated yet but it's already charging in her room.

I know what you're thinking. Well, the four of you who know how old she is anyway. She's too young. I know, I know. I didn't have a cell phone when I was a kid. But when I was a kid, the world wasn't this GD scary. My daughter walks from school about a mile or so to the local youth center. Sometimes she hoofs it with friends, some times she's alone. I don't want her to feel afraid, or alone. If she just needs to talk as she walks, she can call me. If she wants to stay at the library, she can call me. Yeah that's great. If there is some fucking pervert following her in a chester van, I want to know that she can call me and I will be right there with my uzi.

Here is the part in the story where you all sit back and bash me for being a bad parent. Go ahead, I can take it. Frankly, I don't care what anyone else thinks. (It comes with age Cher) I feel like I purchased a little piece of mind. And, my child thinks I'm like the BEST EVER. I like being thought of as the best ever.

neener neener neener....I'm the BEST EEVVEER.

thunk

That was the sound of me tripping over my incredible mom ego and falling on my face.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 11:09 PM