decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

OH YES, IT'S FRIDAY
I'm Still Here
Still Sick
Down for the Count
Field Trip
FLASHBACK!
PET PEEVE #1
Thursday
It's That Time
Before and After

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Sunday, February 05, 2006

Are You Ready for Some...Softball?

100_0442

Today we have tryouts for softball. Conveniently the same day as the superbowl. Alas, we do not watch football in this house, so that really makes no difference. Although the thought of maybe seeing some nipple at halftime does have a little appeal.

Back to Autumn, I was very against letting her play softball two years ago when we first signed her up. My neighbor convinced me to let him take her with his girls to try out. While I like her being involved in sports for many reasons, the EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE PARENTS is a really big turn off for me. I can sit here and tell you internet folks that I am not THAT kind of parent. My husband would then tell you, I was a big fat liar. It's hard not to get swept away with everyone else. I am never out and out rude to any child though. I will tell you, that is not the case with all parents and I use the word parent loosely for them. I mean, these are the girls she plays with, goes to school with. They come over to our house. Just because they happen to be on another team, doesn't make them the ENEMY.

So this year, I'm going to be better. I'm going to set an example for those schmucks! I'm going to cheer for them all. It doesn't matter if the good hit is from the other team. A good hit is a good hit and it deserves a clap. I am not going to delight in the opposing pitcher being removed from the game for injury. At the end of the day, they are still just little girls and we all need to remember that. Not sitting with the bad parents also helps. So, look for me on the top row with my hubs, stuffing chili cheese nachos in my face. Food also stifles the need for catcalls!

Let's Play BALL!

posted by Autumn's Mom at 11:56 AM