decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Went to Petsmart to get some crickets and came hom...
Battle of the Wills
I'm Sick
DAUGHTER FOR SALE
The Official Tom Cruise Birthing Plan or How to Cu...
Nothing to Say
Bad Parenting
My American Idol
Taxes
School Sucks

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend Recap

This weekend didn't go exactly like I had planned in my mind. I did manage to get up on Saturday morning (after a terrible night of no sleep) and go get my doo did. I'm blond again :D I know you're as thrilled as I am. Every time I get my hair done (twice a year if I'm lucky), I start to feel like my old self again. Nothing against brunettes, but I'm just not one inside. I got home and all my shopping plans seemed to fall apart. I was excited about this weekend, because I had a wad of cash burning a hole in my purse! I was a little cranky, so I took a nap. That lasted all afternoon. I guess I was really tired. I got up for dinner and we went out to Viva Mexico. Our favorite Mexican food place. They have THE BEST BEAN DIP. Very delicious. We'd also stopped at Mervyns so M could buy some new pants. I saw some cute stuff and I wish I'd bought them right then. The next day they didn't appear to be on sale when I went back. I did get a pair of cropped pants and a top. I need to go back though and have them check my receipt. I think the sale signs were still up. I want the discount!!! If not, I'm sure they will be back on sale Sunday.

It was interesting that I didn't burn through my wad of cash Saturday...The cosmos knew we were gonna meet Minnie on Sunday. Sunday I got up leisurely and finally decided to go do some serious shopping. The kid and I left M at home and headed out. Went back to Mervyns, went to pay the AAA bill and we stopped at Petsmart. Seriously, to just get some crickets for the Gecko. Right when you walk in, you are bombarded with animals in cages, animals on leashes all wanting you to stop, fall in love and take them home. We stopped for a minute and looked at the dogs. Minnie caught our eye right away. She was so small, shivering in her cage. I just hate to see these beautiful animals that no one wanted :( We walk away, cuz we're only here to get crickets. Silently, I tell myself we really have to stop coming here because it's too hard to see these animals. The entire time the kid wants the dog, oh wait let's look at the birds, ooooh fish, Mom? Do you like hamsters???. I mean, she'd have a farm for all of them if she could. I guess that's every kid huh? We get our crickets (there are the funniest boys that work there. they are always so friendly and joke with ya. cute, pimply young boys :D) I grab some cat food. We swing around and look at the cats in cages. Sad, yes lets move on. We take one last look at the dog and I open my mouth and start talking to the adoption dude. How much? I ask. A wad of cash? Really, I happen to have a wad of cash with me right this very second. Long story short, I filled out an application. Talked to the foster mom and she said we could have her that night. Bada Boom!

I intended this weekend to get some books ( I did find a few at a half priced books Friday night), get some moisturizer at Macy's, get some new outfits...but instead, we got a little bundle of love. I'd say we did pretty good.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:58 AM