decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

And now we join the Ass Repairman Tales already in...
OCD
Thursday 13
VOTE FOR ELLIOT
Actual Phone Call
Let There Be Light
HAPPY EASTER
Jump Back
Baby No More
6 Weird Things About Me

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Monday, April 24, 2006

The Weekend

We had a pretty nice weekend! The weather was good. We had company over. We shopped. We laughed, we cried...ok, no one cried. Except maybe my nephew when we told him to go outside. hahaha I bought the kids a hover disc to toss around and told them to go play outside. That lasted all of 5 minutes. Kids these days! I used to leave at 8 AM and stay out til dark. My kid hardly ever leaves the house. Not that I'm really complaining, cuz I'm a worry wart when she's out on her own. Although, last Friday, I dropped her off at our neighborhood baseball park so she could watch her friends game. Friend was pitching, it was a very big deal. She was at the park from 7:30 til 10:00 PM. Yes, you read that right. There were at 5 parents I could think of that I know there. (there were probably more). She had her phone with her and she was with another friend. This is the beauty of living in our small town, for me. She got a little taste of freedom, and I had a quiet Friday night watching Walk the Line with M.

Saturday we invited my sister in law and family over. My father in law came over. (Hi Papa Rod!) It was a lovely day. SIL, PIL and I went shopping at the outlets. Have you noticed that Gas isn't the only price rising around here? The outlets aren't what they used to be. I saw a LOT of full price items out there. Still, this didn't put a damper on my shopping spirit! I got the kid a cute pair of Roxy board shorts which she is wearing this fine cloudy morning. I got a cute outside plant holder, a cookie sheet and a couple of shirts. Oh, and to my favorite store where I likes to buy my shirts…Could you please hire employees who can see and do simple math? I stood in line for an eternity to pay for two shirts that didn’t even come to $20. I actually watched the woman age before my eyes, I was there so long. She was squinting so hard to read the little numbers on her customer’ credit card, that I watched the wrinkles on her face deepen. She was a brunette when I walked in and I swear to you she was completely grey when I left. She was all hunched over with a cane, ( ok, you get the picture right?) it took forever. No, I don’t need to hear about your special on jeans, just the shirts please. I don’t want to give you my email address so you can send me coupons, just give me my change. You can’t figure it out, can you? Whatever, keep it. I’ve really got to go!

After mowing down at least three different cars who thought it was a great idea to just sit in the middle of the road while they decided WTF they were doing, we made it home in time for dinner. We had yummy Tri-Tip and well I don’t remember what else, cuz it’s all about the Tri-Tip baby. Mm mm good.

Sunday was very lazy for me. I basically did NOTHING. My husband, washed and detailed my car. Let me say that again. HE WASHED AND DETAILED MY CAR. Just. Because. Don’t know what I did to deserve that, but I’d better keep it up!! He and the kid put together her new nightstand. She ended up doing most of the work. At 9:00 last night I poked my head into her room and she had the stand together and was installing the brackets that hold the drawers. She had her head all the way inside the thing with a little flashlight held in place for her to see. I really need to get a new camera y’all because the sight was priceless.

That’s it in a nutshell. Oh, and I paid the kid $5 to pick up all the dog poop and stray leaves. I thank my Lord everyday that he gave me someone to do my shit work for me.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:58 AM