decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Clothes Whore
Crazy Thursday Thirteen
Melancholy
One Hot Muther
Wanna Go For A Walk
This is it
A Tale of Two Car Payments
13 Things On My Mind Today
Non Celebrity Death Match
I Am a Couch Potato

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Monday, July 24, 2006

The Weekend

Yes, it was hot. I feel like a wilted piece of lettuce. I saw my car thermometer go up to 120 this weekend. The kids kept asking me at what temp do humans melt. I think we were pretty close to that number. This weekend was my anniversary weekend. 12 long hot years folks. I was unable to book any good fun until next weekend, so we just went out to dinner with the in-laws to Sargam, an Indian restaurant in Walnut Creek. This was the first time for me to eat at an Indian restaurant. I've had Indian food once before so long ago. I remember I liked it but couldn't tell you what I had. We started off with an appetizer of Pakoras. It was like an onion ring or fritter but spicier. For our main course we had Chicken Makhanwala (Butter Chicken), Lamb Kabab Masala Curry, Aloo Gobi and Sag Paneer (Spinach Cheese). Oh, and Nan. Yum. It was so delicious. And hot. I think I would have appreciated it more if it hadn't been like 120 degrees out. But it was really delicious. The Nan reminded me of home made tortillas we had growing up. We'd heat them up on a cast iron skillet and they'd get those crispy burned spots. So good. The chicken sauce was so tasty over rice or sopped up with the nan. The lamb I thought was spicier. I'd never had lamb before, I'm glad I finally tried it. Aloo Gobi is the best! Actually, I could do without the cauliflower, but the sauce coated it just right and I couldn't taste the vegetable at all. The only thing I didn't care for was the spinach. I'm not a big spinach eater anyway.

It was a lovely dinner. I don't know that Indian will replace my love for Mexican food, but I look forward to trying more new things and other restaurants. This weekend we are headed back to down to Pacific Grove and Carmel. I shall be checking the web for some highly rated Indian restaurants! My ticker up there may not move for the next two weeks. But it is totally worth it.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 12:40 PM