decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

About Those Movies
Reason To Live In a Small Town #58
Who Do You Think Did It?
I Wanna Be An American Idol, NOT!
I'm Right Here DUH!
Free SHWAG
Meet My Future Husband
Beat Down
It Gets Even Easier
Hand Job

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's Gonna Take More Than Daiquiri's To Fix This

*UPDATED* Thought I'd share some more. So after sitting on hold for an hour and a half. Yea, you read that right. Finally got through to tech support. Stayed on the phone with them for almost an hour. The problem? Well that's a good question, because even they don't know. We still can't get in, they weren't able to help us over the phone. So now they are emailing us this form to complete so they can access our system and passwords and whatever. And this? Costs $75. We're feeling a little held hostage, ransomed, left for dead right about now.





This week has gotten off to a rocky start. Well, lets back up, Last week ended badly, this week is really just a continuation. I really like my job and where I work. The reason why is that it's low pressure, low maintenance, and most of the time a very pleasant place to be if I'm not going to be sitting at home watching TV all day. Well, it was.

Everything here seems to be breaking. I'm beginning to think we have gremlins or something. Or really really bad karma. Our work horse of a printer, which loudly, proudly serves us every day is dying. It's around 7 years old, a good Hewlett Packard. The place where I work, is in a dust field. Very Rural. So everything in this place is full of dust, dirt maybe a little grease. But still, it's been a good little machine. Friday, it just about quit printing. Every month I have to print out our rental invoices. There are about 115. It almost quit at about a hundred. I had to sit at the machine and lift the lid after each print because it said it was jammed. Lift the lid, get one print. Lift the lid, get one print. Yea, I don't have the patience for that kind of crap. Boss took apart and tried to blow it clean, but the sensor is pretty much shot. We don't have a maintenance contract on it, so we either need to pony up for a new one or call a repair guy like yesterday.

Problem #2, we use Peachtree software. Very easy to use. Older version had some quirks. We called about the new upgrade for 2007. Oh yea, it's faster, bigger database. No more multi user conflicts when printing or saving. Yes, YOU. WILL. LOVE. IT. Guys, so not loving it. It's slower than it was before. Still having multi user conflicts and NOW, we can't get into on of our companies. And it's tax time. First deadline is next week. I'm pretty much dead in the water. Oh, and you try to call these people? They don't exist. You call and get 4 different #'s. No, that is not a joke. It was 4. You need to talk to warranty. You know what? I don't think the warranty department exists. We've sat on hold for 45 minutes three different times and there is no one there. No one.


You may experience long wait times. We apologize for any inconvenience. Ok, Fuck you and your apology. Just pick up the phone. I won't yell. Really. I'm calm.

ANSWER THE PHONE!

Seriously though, I think I'm gonna have to move on to the hard stuff.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:27 AM