decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

The One Where She Got A Tattoo
Who Doesn't Love a Little Sunshine??
Untitled Project with Adam Sandler
Indiana Jones
I had my first bridal shower this weekend and it w...
W is for Weekend
It Still Fits!
Coca Cola
WORDLESS WEDNESDAY
Lars and the Real Girl

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Thursday, June 05, 2008



For a couple of months now, it's worked out that we have had all five of our kids every weekend and mostly during the week. Funny how things work out. I would tell J, when we were feeling a little like we were at our wits end, If we'd have met and married 14 years, we'd have five kids and they would be living with us every single day. Of course, he must know that if he'd met and married me back then, we wouldn't have five kids now because my uterus wasn't build like that. As of yesterday, some of our kids will be with their other parent every other weekend. And in July, we will have everyone on the same schedule and be ALONE every other weekend.

In theory, this is a pretty fantastic thing, when you have someone you want to just be alone with locked in a room for three days straight. But the reality is that when your chicks are gone, you just worry. You worry that your kids are going to be taken care of as good as they are at home. When you try to hard not to speak as freely about the other parent in front of your kids, you wonder if they are giving you the same courtesy. Are they brushing their teeth? Are they ok? Are they crying themselves to sleep because being there is just not the same as being at home? Is that parent going to call every single night because she doesn't have socks for the kids?? Sigh, is their evil step monster trying to convince your child they have tourette syndrome??

I know we'll all be fine as we transition into this new phase. I know this is what happens with divorce. I guess when you are living in hell, you have to try and find a way to trade up. To a new level of hell. I hope they are all having a good time. And that they will be back in my nest, safe and sound, Monday.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:08 AM