decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Who Doesn't Love a Little Sunshine??
Untitled Project with Adam Sandler
Indiana Jones
I had my first bridal shower this weekend and it w...
W is for Weekend
It Still Fits!
Coca Cola
WORDLESS WEDNESDAY
Lars and the Real Girl
UV Rays

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The One Where She Got A Tattoo



I am participating in Sunshine's Tattoo Party. Some peeps submitted photo's and stories of their Tat's, please go over and read some great stories.

I wouldn't categorize mine as a great story, but maybe a more typical one. And it totally gives you a picture of who I am. I'd been thinking about getting a tattoo for awhile but really had no idea what I wanted other than something that would wrap around my ankle. Not original for sure, but I wanted it to be somewhere I could see it every day. I'm trying to remember how long I toyed with the idea. There were several people in my life who were thinking about getting tat's, one being my SIL. One regret was not going with her, cuz that would have been a fun bonding experience.

I had been also talking with some girls at work about getting inked. Our jobs were coming to an end, and we were all waiting for the layoffs. This left us with a lot of time on our hands to fill between 9 to 5. One guy, with a LOT of tat's suggested a place in San Francisco that was really good and I liked the idea of going somewhere cool and also going to a place that had a good reputation. I remember a night during the week, discussing tattoos and my ex husband really being a dick about it. "What? You are NOT going to get a Tattoo. They are slutty, is that the kind of example you want to set for our daughter??"

Seriously. If the worst thing she wants is a tattoo, I'll take her when she's 18 myself. He really didn't think I'd go through with it being the big wimp that I am, but the thought of him belittling me and telling me not to...was just what I needed to do it! Within days, 3 co-workers and I went to San Francisco and got our tat's. I pretty much just picked something off the wall that I thought was cute. A daisy chain. It was supposed to have a little vine-age and maybe a butterfly but I really couldn't take the pain! I got through the outlining, white knuckling it and the guy knew I wasn't going to make it. He inked me in about 20 minutes bless his heart! What kept me going the whole time was my stubbornness and the fact that I thought my co-worker would kick my ass if she got a tattoo and I chickened out (kinda reminds me of a friends episode!) I came home triumphantly that night and stuck my ankle in his face with a HA! I'm sure he had a few more choice words, which I have now completely blocked out of my mind.

I've grown to love my tattoo and my choice in the daisy, which has become my favorite flower. My wedding flowers will be daisies. I love my tat and it's become a part of who I am.

Oh, and a note to the wise...don't ever tell me I can't do something. Because I can and I will!

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:16 AM