decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

PET PEEVE #1
Thursday
It's That Time
Before and After
IT'S FRIDAY, OOAH OOAH
Don't Bother Me, I'm Trying to Find My Happy Place
Golden Globes
Another Birthday
Flashback Friday
Making Connections

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Friday, January 27, 2006

FLASHBACK!

After downing some Dr. Pepper, I seem to be in the right frame of mind to do a little Flashback Friday. :D I wouldn't want to disappoint my 4 fans. hahaha

I was listening to Vision of Love by Mariah Carey. I remember listening to this song on the Cruise with Lynn. She had the single on cassette. I ended up buying the whole cassette. I even have her #1's on CD. There I said it.

I thought I would give you the top 10 songs of 1981 and give you my two cents about them.

Queue drum roll....

THE TOP 10 SONGS OF 1981

Physical-- Olivia Newton-John (Sweet Sandy from Grease gets NAUGHTY!!)

Bette Davis Eyes-- Kim Carnes (a good one hit wonder)

Endless Love-- Diana Ross & Lionel Richie (Unfortunately, makes me think of the movie and the fact that Brooke Shields was exploited by her mother)

Arthur’s Theme-- Christopher Cross (funny movie)

Kiss On My List-- Daryl Hall & John Oates (not one of my favorites)

Jessie’s Girl-- Rick Springfield (SWAK!)

I Love a Rainy Night-- Eddie Rabbitt (Too HAIRY!)

9 to 5-- Dolly Parton (One of my all time favorite movies!)

Private Eyes-- Daryl Hall & John Oates (two in the top 10..but still not a fav)

Rapture-- Blondie (She was soo ahead of her time with that whole rap at the end...)

Do you remember the Rapture Rap?

Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high
DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind
Flash is fast, Flash is cool
Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do
And you don't stop, sure shot
Go out to the parking lot
And you get in your car and you drive real far
And you drive all night and then you see a light
And it comes right down and lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars
And you try to run but he's got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you're in the man from Mars
You go out at night, eatin' cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercurys and Subarus
And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
Then, when there's no more cars
You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
One to one, man to man
Dance toe to toe
Don't move too slow, 'cause the man from Mars
Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars
Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
He's gonna eat 'em all
Rapture, be pure
Take a tour, through the sewer
Don't strain your brain, paint a train
You'll be singin' in the rain
I said don't stop, do punk rock

Well now you see what you wanna be
Just have your party on TV
'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on
And now he's gone back up to space
Where he won't have a hassle with the human race
And you hip-hop, and you don't stop
Just blast off, sure shot
'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:35 AM