decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Duct Tap Tip #1
Idol Chit Chat
The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day
American Idol
Songs of My Life
THIS POST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTER C
I Love TV
How Are My Little Crackers Today?
Weekend Recap
Went to Petsmart to get some crickets and came hom...

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Thursday, March 23, 2006

Intervention

We had the big sit down last night. It was right when I got home from work. Which was good because I needed to go grocery shopping, do laundry and watch Chicken Little get voted off Idol. We sat awkwardly for maybe a minute then my friend dove right in. We questioned a little bit about what's been going on. Autumn clammed up so tight, I thought I was gonna have to lather her in baby oil to loosen her up. Basically, we laid it down that they do not have to be friends just because other mom and I are friends. If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep your trap shut. Do NOT BEAT ON EACH OTHER. We explained the serious consequences of getting caught physically fighting at school. Both girls teared up some. Each apologized for the kicking and the punching. Each said good bye to each other. That was it. It was pretty painless. I'm glad we got them together. And I hope it truly works. Maybe they will be friends again. Maybe they won't. Their personalities just clash a lot. Or maybe they are too much alike?? To some degree I would say yes. That's hard for me to say. You know I think Autumn is a great kid. The other kid (I know longer feel the need to call her bitch face) is questionable. She's a kid lookin for love in all the wrong places.

What I came away with is that they are 10 and 11. I had such a violent reaction to this situation, that I needed to be reminded that they are KIDS. Not adults. I needed to see that in person. I'm a visual learner, you know. After they left, Autumn said a little more about how she felt. That she was scared when they were fighting at school. I told her that I was proud of her for standing up for herself. That I know it was scary. And that I had been in the same situation once. I had been bullied in JR high. It sucked. I've also been like the other girl. Making jokes and jabs at my friends expense and then feeling like a shithead after. I hope she could see that we all make mistakes and that we can all make amends. The biggest thing for her is that she faced a problem head on. I don't want her to run and hide every time the going gets rough, like me. Have I told you that she keeps saying how she wants to be NOTHING like me? GO AUTUMN!!!

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:07 AM