decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Introducing BoBo Kitty
I'm Ready for a Vacation
Think Small
Why Do I Stress?
Let There Be Fence
America's got talent?
Long Day
DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK
You've Got Mail
K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Friday, June 23, 2006

It's a Whole New Me

Like my new skin? Well, thanks! Today friends, is my birthday. I turn thirty six. Doesn't it look nicer when you write that number out? Thirty Six is not a bad number. I feel about 28 and look it too without my glasses. I got carded for beer in my hometown grocery store the other day. haha! Anyway, I have a fun filled weekend planned with a nice dinner tonight, fun at the bar later, a birthday party tomorrow and a trip to the zoo on Sunday with Autumn and my Mom. Oh, and I'm waiting for the flowers I know my husband purchased because I saw the charge in his bank account by accident yesterday. hahahahaha

I get very nostalgic around my birthday. (ok, I'm always thinking of the past. I think I've used the word nostalgic on this blog too many times.) My best childhood birthday memory was thirty years ago when I was about six. My Mom had baked me a cake, vanilla with chocolate frosting. I'm sitting in our extremely YELLOW kitchen, licking the frosting from a spoon. I hear a car pull up. I know it's my Grandparents. I run through the house and out the front door. There they are! They are getting out of their Ford Pinto station wagon. Grandpa goes to the back and lifts the hatch to open the back. I run and give my Grandma a hug and a kiss. "Hi babe" That's how she always greeted us. I turn back to Grandpa and I start jumping up and down. Out of the back of his car, he pulls out the bestest most shiny new red bicycle I've ever seen. Sill jumping up and down and now clapping I'm yelling to my Mom and Dad "Look what I got, Look what I got!!!" Grandpa put it on the ground and I don't waste any time. I hop right on and take her for a little spin. I can't remember anything else I may have gotten that day. But I remember that bike. Thanks Grammy and Papa. I love you.

That, was one of my best days.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:25 AM