decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Blue
Workin Nights
Eat a Balloon and Lose Weight
The Weekend
Clothes Whore
Crazy Thursday Thirteen
Melancholy
One Hot Muther
Wanna Go For A Walk
This is it

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Friday, July 28, 2006

Is It The Weekend Yet?

I was going to write about getting ready for the weekend, but that turned out to be a giant snooze fest. I've sat here for over an house while a wandering thought or two has drifted in and out of my head. Mostly I've just stared out the window at the trees blowing in the wind. We've had two weeks of no wind, I can't tell you how much I missed that sound swirling through the trees. I'm a little sad about leaving my babies. They are at Grandmas. Minnie looked so sad last night when I left. I know, she's just a dog. But she's my dog.

We got news that an aquaintenance here at work was killed in a plane crash last night. Something like that always makes me pause. I think of what their family must be going through. I think about my own loved ones who are no longer here. We were just talking about my Step Dad Timmy last night. He and my mom were together for about 20 years give or take. He unexpectedly passed away too early in life back in 2002. A month after his beloved dog, Doody (as Autumn called him. His name was really Buddy) passed away. He loved that dog. Anyway, we didn't always get along in the beginning. Then everything changed when I had Autumn. That was his baby. And she only had eyes for him. When Autumn was a few weeks old, my mom and I and the baby were at the laundry mat. Tim had stopped in and saw an old friend there as well. He immediately introduced his granddaughter. Then his wife and kid as an after thought. It was funny. She was always first on his mind right from the beginning.

We were lucky that he spent a lot of time with Autumn the first years of her life.
She spent many weekends with the grandparents. They taught her how to swim. He used to pick her up from school. He'd give her soda and tell her not to let mom know. Of course that was always the first thing she'd tell me. "Papa let me have soda!!!" haha I figured if he wanted to give her soda and have to deal with her when she crashed..that was his problem!

This weekend Autumn and Grandma will be buying a cake in honor of Papa's birthday. It was July 18th. He always wanted a store bought cake instead of homemade. To him, that was something really special. We always made homemade cakes for birthdays and such, so it was a little strange to us, but now it's become a tradition.

Happy Birthday Timmy. You and Doody keep an eye on my baby this weekend while I'm away.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:48 AM