decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Eat a Balloon and Lose Weight
The Weekend
Clothes Whore
Crazy Thursday Thirteen
Melancholy
One Hot Muther
Wanna Go For A Walk
This is it
A Tale of Two Car Payments
13 Things On My Mind Today

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Workin Nights

The old man is working nights. It happens every so often, not more than a couple of days at a time. He came home from the night shift today and decided that our bedroom is too bright to sleep in all day. So he went into the spare room and measure out enough tin foil to cover up the window. Or to make silver crowns, I had to leave for work, so I'm not sure. He set up his camping cot and his blanky and spent the day in the spare room. With the weight set. The two fake christmas trees. His fishing poles. And his mountain bike. The room isn't that big. I'm thinking he must have hung the cot from the ceiling because there sure isn't room on the floor. He said he slept like crap. Me, I can sleep anywhere. Anytime. For hours and hours at a time. It's a gift.

In other news, we are leaving this weekend for Carmel. Partly cloudy, 63 degrees Carmel. YEA! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. Not just to get away. To be somewhere that isn't going to roast me alive. M asked me what I am planning for us this weekend. He likes to make me the planner. I said we are going to do a lot of walking and a lot of eating. Yea, heaven. I love walking along the ocean. It's so calming. The beautiful ocean on one side and gorgeous dream homes on the other. I imagine myself waking up there every morning to the sound of the waves. I could get up and walk along that ocean every day for the rest of my life. I need to start playing the lottery right?

The only damper on this weekend is the fact that everyone in my office is taking Friday off. I planned on coming in and just leaving early. Now I'm afraid that the boss is gonna say, "well SOMEONE needs to be here to answer the phone.". Yea, well that SOMEONE an't gonna be me sister. The Garlic Festival is also this weekend and traffic is gonna be hell. I need to get the hell out of dodge. I'm kind of pissed because I told my supervisor that I was leaving early and as I write it on the calendar he starts spouting off that he was planning on taking the day off. To do some banking. ERH. Take another day off then buddy. Banks are open 5 sometimes 6 days a week. No sense in seething about it from now til then. But shit, I don't wanna have to choke a bitch before my weekend!

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:07 PM