decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Uh Oh
Cleaning out my Closet
Dear Mrs. LeBon
Waiting
Monday I Am
Happy Birthday To You
Down Came The Rain
Do You Know Where YOUR Daughter Is?
It's November First
Halloween CheckList

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Monday, November 13, 2006

Not Joey

cat

We went and visited Taylor, that cute little gray kitty I posted on Friday. He was very VERY shy and skiddish. It took awhile to coax him into my arms and even then he just really wanted to get away. I left feeling that he wasn't the one. I don't want to pay the adoption fee for a little guy who's going to live under the bed. I was pretty sad and got sadder as the day went on. We stopped at a couple of other places looking for kittens and didn't have any luck.

So we came home empty handed. Which is just as well. Maybe I'm not ready. I was pretty sad last night. I was left feeling last night like I'd lost Joey all over again. Where to go from here? I know that eventually, we will find another that next member of our family. I actually got to thinking last night that maybe Minnie, as annoying as she is, came into our lives to buffer us from our loss. She really gets on my nerves sometimes, but at night when I reach over, she's there. That is comforting.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 12:03 PM