decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Monday I Am
Happy Birthday To You
Down Came The Rain
Do You Know Where YOUR Daughter Is?
It's November First
Halloween CheckList
Foody Meme ala J
Happy Friday
Somber Thursday 13
Shoe Shopping

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Waiting

UPDATED

Dude from DR Horton came on time today to try and find my leak. I kept wondering what he was going to bring to spray water at my house with. Would it be some power sprayer? Or just something they'd hook up to my hose? It was the latter. It was a garden variety sprinkler that he aimed towards my bedroom and bathroom windows. Immediately, I had reservations that this was going to flush out my leak. We had talked about how it could possibly be the attic vent that was the problem, but the sprinkler wasn't hitting that. He left for a little while and checked on some other houses. He said to call him if the leak became visible.

I went out to check the sprinkler and found that the wind was now blowing the water in the opposite direction and wasn't even hitting the house anymore. Great. I can see now that I'm going to have to take matters into my own hand if I'm gonna get this taken care of. I hooked up my regular nozzle and just aim for the vent and also a little on the roof just in case. But mostly the vent. Then I went into my closet and checked the pad. It was wet. DOT FOUND THE LEAK. Hey, maybe I can get a job with these guys? I could be the leak finder! I wonder what that pays?

I called my little man (he's actually very tall) and let him know I found the leak. Yep, there it is. He says they make a cover that shields the vent from the rain but still allows the air from the attic to circulate. So, now he will schedule all the work that needs to be done. He thinks it all can be done in one day and on a Friday when M is home. They will repair and or replace the base boards in my room and repair any sheetrock damage. They are going to fix my back door that is not aligned properly with the lock. Install new weather stripping around the front door. Ooh, no chilly draft this winter!! I wish they were broken enough to replace because I hate the tile, but that's ok. We can have someone come in and re-do them with what we want. Right Papa Stick???

Anyway, I'm glad I got that problem solved. And let me just say right here and now. I FOUND THE LEAK, I can't even get M to mow the fucking lawn. I refuse to mow the lawn. I have to draw the line somewhere. And the lawn is so tall, you can actually my line right now from the air.


I'm home waiting for the builder to come (again) to see about the leak in my bedroom.

I'll let you know how it went and if they show up, later.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:03 AM