decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Why Internet Dating Sucks Donkey Balls
Will School Start Already!
PRAY
To Do's
Dilema
It's Thursday and I'm Still Thinking About M&M's
Life? Hmmm What's That
Catching Up
The Moaning Meme
If You've Come Here Looking For Excitement...

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Congratulate Me...

I filed for divorce today. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Unfortunately, it didn't take any weight off of my ass when it left. Oh well. I went down the court and found parking right across the street from the court house. How's that for luck? I came in with my paperwork and copies feeling confident I had everything I needed but terrified because I had no idea as to what to expect.

I breezed through metal detection, luckily I left my blade at home today. Then got lost and like a man..didn't want to ask for directions. I did find my way to family law and only had to wait in line for about 15 minutes. If that. I texted my SIL to pass the time. I get to the window and I'm to be helped by a munchkin from munchkin land. I know that is completely insensitive..fuckit. I'm vertically challenged myself so it was a trick to lean over so far and give her my papers. Which she gave back to me because they weren't stapled. So I staple my copy and their copy. Which was wrong so she proceeds to unstaple them and hand them to me individually so they are stapled appropriately. I guess you only need a GED to get this type of job right? At this point I'm feeling incredibly stupid and feeling the heat of 20 eyes on my back from the every growing line.

We seem to get it all worked out and I pay my fee. I try to ask her some questions, but she's going on lunch and can't by law answer anything anyways. Another lady relieves her and gives me a little bit of help but sends me to legal aid for my other questions. I've filed. BUT NOW WHAT???

Legal aid has only a short line..but a sign up that says they are not taking any more appointments today. (it's already almost noon by now) I really just have like 2 questions so I'm hoping that the lady at the desk can help me. There is one person talking to her loudly enough to go into her "domestic dispute" crap. Geez bitch, no one else cares. The lady in front of me has questions on how to fill out her forms, thankfully another aid comes out to assist us. I ask the aid if M has to respond to this or is it just easier for him not to. We completed the paperwork together. Basically, I serve him. He doesn't respond. After 30 days, I email legal aid and set up an appointment and we go in and divide and conquer. DONE.

Easy as pie.

I can't even relay to you how thankful I am that this is going so smoothly. I don't think I could handle any kind of a fight. Apparently we've fought it out over 13 years and now we can just shake hands and call it a draw.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 2:12 PM