decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Memories
Ode to a Backyard
WTF is a Yaris???
5 Things Instead of 13
You're Not Fat
I Miss Chris
Getting Down To The Wire
I AM A GOOD MOM
Happy Mother's Day
Happy Early Mother's Day

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Can You Keep a Secret?

Cuz I've got one. But I can only tell you if you promise to keep it a secret. I'm lucky that my kid doesn't have any interest in reading my blog. That way I can talk about her all I want! Evil laugh inserted here. Anyway, imagine her tell you this story instead of me, it's way cuter.

Friday she tells me that her friend, Jan, was going to ask this boy, AJ, to be Autumn's boyfriend. She's had a crush on him for months. She takes pictures of him with her phone. They hang out sometimes after school in science class because the teacher has little lizards and hamsters and stuff in her class. She talks about him a lot. And she calls his house and hangs up. That proves a crush right there. Funny when I found out about it. Not funny that his mom called and said to STOP.

Jan says she's gonna ask him on Friday. Autumn giggles and does nothing. Monday Jan asks. AJ says he'll think about it. These kids are so shy, thank goodness. He comes back later and says yes. They are now "going out". Where do they go, you ask? They go NOWHERE. They don't hold hands. They don't make out. They can't even sit with each other at lunch because there is assigned seating. Yes, assigned seating at lunch. Because, get this, they are LOUD. I don't remember that being a crime at lunch. Food fights were a no-no. But talking, as far as I know, is still ok at lunch in public school. Stay with me people. He walked Autumn to the Youth Center yesterday after school. Something he's never done before. Insert Autumn giggling here. I'm not concerned about it. Yes, they are too young. But it's all about words at this point. It just about saying, yea he's my boyfriend. Hey did you hear Autumn has a boyfriend? Now if she comes home because someone is spreading another kind of rumor? I will personally go to school and kick every last one of their lying asses. But for now, it's just innocent.

After she told me, she asked if Daddy was gonna be mad? awwww No honey, his heart will be broken, but he won't be mad. He said what he always says, "If he tries to kiss you, kick him in the nuts." Words to live by.

Another first come and gone. Well, he's not really her first boyfriend. Her friend Charlie is her first boyfriend. They used to get in trouble at Kindercare for hugging. They were scared to death at that place and clung to each other. They have been friends ever since. If you can tell by my tone that I'm as happy as maybe she is, it's because I am giddy in the fact that I have a beautiful swan. I was a fat, ugly duckling. I thought I was going to birth other ugly ducklings. Not the case. I know I have a lot ahead to worry about because of her being a swan. Today, I'm going to enjoy the shit out of it :)

posted by Autumn's Mom at 3:23 PM