decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Are You Still Out There
Vacation
Birthday Weekend
It's a Whole New Me
Introducing BoBo Kitty
I'm Ready for a Vacation
Think Small
Why Do I Stress?
Let There Be Fence
America's got talent?

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Pride of the Neighborhood

Last night, on our way home from a BBQ at LynnDenise's house, we were following a Honda Odyssey into our neighborhood. They really seem to love their Odyssey because they had a big sticker on their back window that said Honda Odessey. As M pointed out, the sticker was misspelled. How do you not apply the sticker without glancing down and noticing that it's misspelled? Dyslexia? If that is the case, I will poke fun no further. EHH! Maybe they thought the Honda emblem was misspelled and wanted to correct everyone with their flashy window sticker bought with their last $20 at the flea market.

I begin to wonder about people who feel the need to have a window sticker that states the car they drive again. I mean, I like window stickers. I have a purple butterfly on my back window. Of all the window stickers at the flea market, you come home with a redundant sticker? Yes, you like your Odyssey. I get it. Well, actually, I don't get it. I rode in one once. It was uncomfortable and it rattled. I thought the thing would fall apart and I would be in my seat on the pavement by the time we reached our destination. Back when they first came out, I remember people would wait months for this car. Can you imagine waiting for a car that was misspelled, rattled and hurt your ass to sit in? Wooooo yea, we LOVE LOVE our honda. It wasn't cheap cheap!

I had an intense desire to follow that Honda home last night and ask them why they had that sticker. Did they know it was misspelled? Did they care? Would they mind if I brought over a big sharpie pen and scratch in a Y where that E is?

I guess since it IS the 4th of July, I will allow them the freedom of illiteracy without persecution.

Happy 4th everybody!

posted by Autumn's Mom at 10:01 AM