decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Is It The Weekend Yet?
Blue
Workin Nights
Eat a Balloon and Lose Weight
The Weekend
Clothes Whore
Crazy Thursday Thirteen
Melancholy
One Hot Muther
Wanna Go For A Walk

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Monday, July 31, 2006

Where I'd Like To Be Sprinkled When I Die

100_0335

It was a cool and contast 63 degrees all weekend. What a nice change. I think we brought some of clouds home with us yesterday. Sorry about that. We had a nice and relaxing weekend in Carmel/Pacific Grove. It was all over way to soon.

Friday night we ate at a little tiny place called Amir's Kabob House in Monterey. We've seen it there and have never stopped. We decided that this time we'd make a point of eating there. What a delicious treat. It's an Afghani restaurant, the family who own's it were so friendly. And the food. ugh. I can't even begin to tell you how yummy it was. We ordered an appetizer that was something like a potato turnover served with yogurt, add a little of their minty spice to it. Very tasty. I had the beef kabob serviced with brown rice and spinach. I even ate the spinach it was so yummy. The beef was cooked to perfection. I was a tad disappointed that it was served on skewers but I quickly got over it. M had Mantwo which is like a beef ravioli. I didn't think it was as good as my dinner, but he liked it. M used to have neighbors who cooked it and it reminded him of memories eating at their house.

The other thing I was in search of this weekend were crab cakes (crabby patties if you will). I was jacked out of those. We spent too much time driving in circles and making other bad choices for eating (namely the Monterey Wharf yuck!) that we just never made it to a seafood restaurant. We left too early on Sunday to stay for lunch and find any. So, something left to do next time.

Saturday, we drove over to Pacific Grove for my lovely walk along the ocean. It welcomed me like an old friend. We started at a different spot and made it further than last time. We were able to check out some really cool tide pools that we hadn't seen before. I was able to snap a shot of Herman the crab. He wasn't too happy I was standing on his home, but was gracious enough to smile for the camera.

100_0331
Handsome little devil ain't he?

Our room was nice except for the bed. For as much as you pay for a good room with a view they could throw a feather bed or invest in something with a little comfort. I have a bad back and I'm very picky about where I sleep. I've been dissappointed in the bed every time we've gone somewhere. The view was unviewable the first day due to the fog. I got up the next morning and was able to see it clearly. That was night.

All in all, I was please with our stay. I think I'm just a little depressed that we are home and back at work. What a pisser. Hope your weekend was fabulous my babies.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 12:31 PM