decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

September 11, 2001
It's Your Turn
Dress Code
Lakehead or Bust
Crikey! He Stung Me
Long Weekend
Sleepy
Is Your Job Making You Fat?
Note To Fire Department
The Saturday MEME that became Monday's Post

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'm a Bad Aunt

It dawned on me about 2 minutes ago that I forgot my most favoritest little guys birthday! Horror of horrors! Bubby is my childhood pals middle child and only boy. He's as close to my heart as my real nephew. He was born on September 10, 2001. Yes, back then. They were still in the hospital on the 11th. That day, not knowing what was going on because I don't watch the news in the morning, I got into the car to take Autumn to school and then go to work. I found out when I turned on the radio. We drove the whole way listening to the horrible news. I dropped Autumn off at school and continued to work. I got a call a few hours later that there had been an overturned truck that had been carrying some toxic substance nearby and they were evacuating the school. Just what I needed to be dealing with. Thankfully, Autumn was picked up by her babysitter and was fine the rest of the day. My friend in the hospital heard on the news and called me immediately to make sure I knew. I remember being so touched that with all that was happening that day and her just having a newborn, that she would be so concerned for Autumn's safety. I think she'd have left that hospital and drove to pick up Autumn if she had too. Ok, probably not.

He's turning 5 this year. A big milestone. He's started kindergarten and I'm sure he's the King of his class! Hopefully, he's not telling his teacher to "Shut up butthead" in that scratchy little man voice he has. Ok, that was a phase he went through about two years ago. He's matured so much since then. This summer he learned how to swim and told me he was so proud of himself. His words. I could eat him for breakfast he's so sweet!

Happy Birthday Bubby! I love you so much.

bubby 2

posted by Autumn's Mom at 10:11 AM