decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Sleepy
Is Your Job Making You Fat?
Note To Fire Department
The Saturday MEME that became Monday's Post
Summer of 84
The One Where I Toot Autumn's Horn
It's The First Day of School!!!!!
The Devil Eats Peanut M&M's
The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
It's Gonna Be One Of Those Days

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Friday, September 01, 2006

Long Weekend

Before I get into the weekend. Let me tell you about my trip to the dentist yesterday. I decided to switch to a local dentist. My former dentist had actually sold his practice to a very nice man. But I had one problem. He had hairy hands. It just something I couldn't get past. That and the fact that he said he couldn't fix my cracked tooth that hurt every time I ate. So bye bye Dr. Hairy Hands, hello Dr. Cutie. My new dentist is very handsome and sweet. He has TV's with head phones so you don't have to listen to him drill to china on your tooth. He told me that my tooth was not only cracked on the side, but also the back which is where my pain actually was. He said a crown would fix the problem. No one is ever happy when they hear they need a crown are they? At least it didn't involve any root canaling. The drilling was never ending. I kept telling myself that it was better than being at work. But was it? The assistant took a mold of my tooth and proceeded to make me a temporary crown. Apparently, she didn't smooth it out enough over my tooth because both temporaries would not stay put. There was a crease in each one. I'm glad I'd decided already that I wouldn't be returning to work because this was taking longer than I planned. She had to call in another assistant to well assist. I ended up with a silver crown. Do you all remember silver crowns? I feel like it's so antiquated. I haven't had metal in my mouth since I was 12. I keep rubbing my tongue over it because it's got that funny metal taste. I hope the permanent crown goes much more smoothly.

Onto the long weekend. Let me start this by saying that my husband has all next week off. Joy of joys. Thankfully, I will be working. He did promise me a lunch date of crab cakes and salad. mm mm This weekend, we were invited to my friends house in Lakehead which is up by Redding. It's a beautiful little place set up a mountain. It's lovely and relaxing. Except when you are walking from the car to the house and you walk right past a rattle snake. Yes, this happened to us last time we were up there. We decided that we'd only go for Saturday and Sunday and have Monday to ourselves to relax. We're a little concerned about money, namely money spent on gas to go up and back. We have three vehicles. A big old blazer perfect for these kinds of trips. But the blazer, as I'm sure some of you know, will cost like $90 to fill up. Grrr We have my beautiful Kia. I don't really see taking it up a mountain and getting if full of dirt and sand though. The thought of it makes me want to call and cancel. Then there is M's car. The lesbian car. Suburu Outback. It's not very comfy for me and it's pretty small. I also don't feel that safe in it because of it's size. I have anxiety issues when being driven in a car. When I was little we were broadsided in the car on the way to a camping trip. I was freaked out. My dog was freaked out. She jumped all the way from the back of the station wagon right onto my lap and dug her nails in. She was a German Shepherd. It's a vivid memory. Then there was the time my dad was driving too fast and lord knows maybe beveraging and almost drove us off a cliff on the way to Yosemite. So now you know, why I get freaked. M is a very safe driver. So in my head it's very silly to be worried when he's driving. He drives like a little old man. But even typing this, I feel that feeling in the pit of my stomach. The feeling you'd feel right as you'd drive over the cliff. hahaha Ok, I'm not really laughing. His car is definitely out. I think I'll just float the phone bill and pay the $90 for the blazer. I feel very safe in that tank.

Thanks internet, another problem solved. What are your plans for the long weekend?

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:26 AM