decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Crikey! He Stung Me
Long Weekend
Sleepy
Is Your Job Making You Fat?
Note To Fire Department
The Saturday MEME that became Monday's Post
Summer of 84
The One Where I Toot Autumn's Horn
It's The First Day of School!!!!!
The Devil Eats Peanut M&M's

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lakehead or Bust

I feel like I've just blinked my eyes twice and my three day weekend was just gone. Hopefully this shortened week will feel the same. We spent two days up in Lakehead, just above Shasta Lake with some friends who have a vacation house there. It is so lovely and peaceful. Their house is set up the mountain just a bit. Deer roam freely and come right up to you. There is a tiny creek just below their house. At night, we would sit on the deck and listen to the water trickling. It's only a trickle this time of year. During winter, it becomes me of an active creek. I wish I'd taken some pictures from the deck. I was too preoccupied with the deer. There was a little family that came to visit each day. A doe, a bambie and a buck.

100_0356

The first time I saw them, we'd gotten back to the house before the friends so we were locked out of the house. We were sitting on the deck when I heard some rustling. We walked out to the front of the house and there was the doe, looking for some tasty treats. I was fresh out of carrots (HA! they were locked in the house) All I had were cheez its. Don't go getting all animal control on me, they were low fat. I put some on the ground and she licked her lips and came right for the little pile. I was talking softly to her and she just came right up to me and licked my hand. mmm salty good. Her little bambi was not as friendly.

100_0364

He stayed back and didn't get any treats. The next day, we saw the buck in the middle of road. The pic of him isn't as good because he's not as close. Last night as I lay in bed, I could still smell the mountain on the dog. In a good way, it was like smelling a memory.

100_0366

The day we spent on Shasta was the best. Just down the road from where we were staying is a beach. We had two of the kind you sit on Jet Ski's. Very fun. I've always wanted one, but had never even driven one til Saturday. It was cool, but a little scary. They have a little one, which I drove that likes to go in a circle til it tips you over sometimes. Luckily, I was able to hold onto it and not fall. In smooth water, it was a fun ride. The other one was a bigger 3 person ride. They were able to tow the kids in a tube around the lake. I think I liked floating the best. I have someone push me out a little and the waves would be me back to shore. I have this cool tube with a little cooler and drink holder built in. And it was a pillow in the back. Yea, comfy. We brought Minnie to the beach. She was not impressed. She didn't like the waves rushing to the shore. I put her completely in the water to test her swimming abilities. She has them but gave me a look that said if I ever did that again, she'd shit in all my shoes. Don't think she won't do it either.

Monday was spent at home. Well, partly at home. Did a little shopping. Then went home for some BBQ Tri-tip sandwiches. We had just enough to feed our families (mine and the sis-in-laws). Sorry, Aaron, no seconds.

I hope your weekend was just as lovely as mine was.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:24 AM