decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

The Devil Eats Peanut M&M's
The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
It's Gonna Be One Of Those Days
Mushroom
Where In The World Is Dot??
Back To School
Fast Five Friday
Post Contains Donut Holes and Vomit
Breaking New Ground
Ode To Little Dog

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It's The First Day of School!!!!!

back to school


I was nice to see the bus stops full this morning with well dressed children. Their backpacks full of crisp new paper, sharpened pencils, iPods. This is the 21st century after all. It was a good feeling seeing all the kids this morning. To me, it means the end of summer. Autumn is just around the corner. I could even feel it in the air this morning while I was walking. Yea, I walked. I need to step back into my program. I was apparently on vacation from it and didn't even realize it. Ok, I realized it and I just didn't care.

Autumn was very excited to be going back. Even though she's going back to a school that a week ago demolished the 5th and 6th grade wings and set up portables on the basketball courts. She was out of the shower, dressed and had hair braided all before 6:15. She's a giant school nerd just like her Auntie and I wouldn't have it any other way. Some of her teachers from 5th grade moved up to 6th. She's very happy to have her favorite teacher (Math & P.E.) from last year as her homeroom teacher this year. I can't wait to hear about her first day!

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:12 AM