decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

The One Where I Toot Autumn's Horn
It's The First Day of School!!!!!
The Devil Eats Peanut M&M's
The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
It's Gonna Be One Of Those Days
Mushroom
Where In The World Is Dot??
Back To School
Fast Five Friday
Post Contains Donut Holes and Vomit

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Friday, August 25, 2006

Summer of 84

Tonight my husband and my childhood friend are going to see Journey and Def Leppard in concert. I've never seen either. I'm not so jazzed about Journey. I like them, but without Steve Perry, I just don't know if I will like it. Luckily they are the opening act this time around. I'm really jazzed about seeing Def Leppard. This is the poster that hung in my room when I was a teenager.
def 1

The summer of 1984 was one of the best in my girlhood. We were going to be entering high school in the fall. We'd just had the best year in 8th grade. 8th grade was the shit. You felt so high because you were older than anyone in school. Our town was small so the school was 4th through 8th grade. We thought we were so effing cool. Of course, you know this ends with you entering high school and becoming a lowly turd again. But I digress. The summer of 84 was spent going to a local swimming hole, tanning, listening to the few cassettes that we owned collectively. Def Leppard Pyromania was one, Police Synchronicity and Quiet Riot Come On Feel the Noise were the others. Damn those were good times. I'm hoping to feel a little of my youth tonight.

Here is a pic of the band now.

def 2

I laugh when I hear Joe Elliot say they were NOT a part of the hair band thing. Uh, I beg to differ buddy. hahaha I see now they are all shorn as a statement to that fact. I don't see the big deal. Hair bands were huge. Why not just embrace it as part of your history?

Have a good weekend y'all.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 10:21 AM