decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Back on Track
I'm a Bad Aunt
September 11, 2001
It's Your Turn
Dress Code
Lakehead or Bust
Crikey! He Stung Me
Long Weekend
Sleepy
Is Your Job Making You Fat?

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Thursday, September 14, 2006

Stupid Internet Connection

I was going to post some cute pics of Minnie with her new Greenie bone this morning, but our internet seems to have gone on strike. It hasn't been working for a few days now. Which really pisses me off because I pay a small fortune for it. Being that we live in the boondocks, we don't have the same options as you regular city folk. We have some podunk provider that isn't even from this state. How does that happen? I pay $65 a month for DSL alone through my phone bill. Highway robbery if you ask me. I used that phrase the other day and Autumn asked me what it meant. That made me laugh. Really, why would she know what that meant? Well if she'd seen that episode of the Brady Bunch where Bobby wanted to be Jesse James she would have known. See? TV can be edgemucational.

Back to the problem here, I want to simplify our lives and cut down our bills. I cut our cable bill in half by cancelling half the channels I don't watch and getting rid of HMO. I went to a smaller cell phone plan. Hopefully my daughter can keep us under 700 minutes. I know it's a stretch to even ask. I'd really love to just cancel the internet all together. We just can't. It's such a huge part of our lives. I can't live without online banking and bill paying. I'm a last minute kind of girl when it comes to paying the bills. Although I have internet access at work, my husband doesn't. I have a digital camera. How would I get my pictures our of that little box if I don't have the internet to send them to??? *sigh* I feel like I've been backed into a corner by HAL. YOU MUST BE HOOKED UP TO THE INTERNET. I know, I know. Is it too much to ask that it work??? I hate calling those techy geeks. Sometimes they just have a way of explaining the problem that makes me feel like I'm back in high school algebra. Let me tell you, I NEVER in four years was able to pass that class. Very. Bad. Memories. I'll try reinstalling the software before I resort to calling "those people".

And I'll add that to my long list of To Do's that include a school meeting tonight for science camp, going to Wal Mart (or HELL Mart as I like to call it), going to the grocery store, taking iPod back to store because it also doesn't seem to want to work, finding something to wear to a wedding, wrapping that gift oh and squeezing in a walk. How's about I just take a nap instead.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:05 AM