decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Five Questions
Hello Gorgeous!
I'm Barry Effin Gibb!!
Do You Know Where Your Prom Date Is?
Mean Girls
It's Friday, But It Doesn't Feel Like It!
Prom Night
Wordless Wednesday
Monday Morning Review
Who Am I You Ask?

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Monday, May 14, 2007

7 Things That Happened to Me As A Teen

J is always good for a bottle of wine and a meme. haha Here goes..

1. When I was 15, I threw out my back for the very first time. I choose this one first, because today for the 5,342 time, I did it again. Back to 15, before I had any sense of good behavior, I and some other bad girls, took someones school books. I hid the one I took in a heavy box of books that was on the top shelf of my closet. When I went to put the box back on the shelf, I could feel something tear in my back. I call that instant Karma. These days I call it a constant reminder to be good to myself. No bending at the waste people.

2. From the ages 10 to about age 13 or 14, I gained one step-monster who used to take me to see scary movies and read my diary, another step-mother who only spoke Spanish (still miss her home cooking), a step-dad who became the greatest Papa that ever lived, and four half siblings. Today we are a family who drifted away into the wind, only one drifting all the way to heaven.

3. I got my drivers license and first really cool car. I was an old teen of 18 and a half, but I was finally coerced into getting my license. I finally caved because we also convinced my mom that getting a 1981 Camaro Berlinetta with T-Tops in pretty saphire blue was a really good idea. I was a pretty lazy teen. I saw no good reason to really get my license when I had perfectly good parental units chauffering me around.

4. I started attending beauty school when I was a senior in high school. I got high school credits for it and I also got to attend school for free and only had to pay for the cost of my kit. I went for a year and had a blast. I met some really cool people. I got to go with one of them down south for 3 weeks to visit her family (and study for my high school equivalency test). But because of #3 here, I couldn't help her drive.

5. I went on Nutri-System and lost 25 pounds. That totally rocked. I wish I'd had more sense to continue with their maintenance plan so that I could have learned more about keeping the unwanted weight off. But I liked going out with my boyfriend and getting free fast food from all his friends who worked at Burger King and Jack in the Box. I guess I would do it all the same. Who wants to be 19 and overly concerned about their weight.

6. I'm kind of grasping at straws at #6. The only thing I can come up with is that as a young teen I tried lasagna for the first time and then kicked myself for never having tried it sooner. I had a very long love affair with lasagna. Until I became lactose intolerant in my 20's. Booooooo!

7. I met my too oldest and dearest friends as a teen. The first, Shawzey, when I was 12 years old and the second, LynnDenise when I was 19. LD and I would later become related. She and I talk every day thanks to modern technology. We three still share a love for Duran Duran, shopping and Coach. I'm honored to have them in my life and to call them sisters. I wouldn't trade them for any amount of Coach purses. No, seriously.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 5:31 PM