decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Questionable Wednesday
7 Things That Happened to Me As A Teen
Five Questions
Hello Gorgeous!
I'm Barry Effin Gibb!!
Do You Know Where Your Prom Date Is?
Mean Girls
It's Friday, But It Doesn't Feel Like It!
Prom Night
Wordless Wednesday

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Friday, May 18, 2007

Neti Pot

Have you all heard of Neti Pots?



My boss bought one over the internet about two weeks ago. We've all been suffering mercilessly through spring allergies. We all sound like those big croakers in the backyard. Even our office kitty is sneezing and wheezing. Anyway, his wife saw on Oprah or something these neti pots. You fill with warm water, add their pure salt
and a drop of neti wash and pour into one nostril so that it flows out the other one and then blow.

See demonstration here:




Kind of funny huh? I think it would make a pretty good skit on SNL. I tried this yesterday. It feels kind of weird, but doesn't hurt. Your nostrils feel like they've just gone for a swim. Nothing crazy came out. I don't know what I imagined. Like maybe some old booger village to come slip sliding out. Nothing exciting like that. All day I felt really good. No sneezing. No draining. No stuffiness. It's a fucking miracle cure.

Not so fast. Last night when I went to bed, I started to feel stuffed up. I normally do at night. I guess after 7 years it's time to clean out the dust monsters that live underneath my bed? I had already given back the neti pot so I couldn't rinse and repeat. I fall asleep and wake up about an hour later with an annoying ringing in my ear. Like my left ear lobe left my body and saw a loud concert and came home crunk and disorderly back onto my head. It's still ringing now at 9:24 am. I didn't do the little excercises like at the end of the video. I guess that's my bad.

What was that? I can't hear you. I'm off to the pharmacy to get some Similsan.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 9:15 AM