decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Randomness
It's Not Monday, It's Tuesday!!
Bitter Bitch Friday
Thursday Thirteen
TIVO Saved My Life Tonight
The Bachelor Chose Tessa!
Neti Pot
Questionable Wednesday
7 Things That Happened to Me As A Teen
Five Questions

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Friday, June 01, 2007

V V-I V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

I was going to do a post yesterday on a story I read yesterday about a panda, Xiang Xiang that was bred in captivity and then released into the wild only to be killed by wild pandas less than a year later. I'm continually amazed at our arrogance that we continually must feel superior to the laws of nature. What some may call nature or survival of the fittest I whole heartedly disagree. He had the scent of man all over him. He was viewed as different and targeted and ultimately killed because of it. They don't view this as a failure though, they will be trying again, this time with a female. If can't teach our own children that it isn't ok to pick on those who are different or perceived as weak what are we hoping to gain? It just left me sad.

Moving on to something more light hearted, if that's possible, Autumn is at the tail end of softball season. Last night we played our arch nemesis the Giants. Now, I'm going to start by saying that I know these are young girls that are playing. Yes, it's a friendly and fun game. Everyone is a winner. Yea, I know all that.

But.

I loathe and despise this team. I can't believe I'm admitting this to you. I'm a grown woman. I am a mother. I'm obviously a little more competitive than I like. I moan and grown every time I see these girls on the field. I mentally picture them missing every play. Maybe hit with a pitch every now and again. Double plays.

Which is probably why my negativity affects our team and we lose most games to them. We've actually lost the last four games in a row. We started out of the gate winning every game. It was fantastic being on top. Then we came back down to reality and were put right in our place. Only because of using a pitching machine for the first half, did we somehow end up on top as first half champions. Why do they even have first half champions? I have no idea. Still, there we are.

The second half, using our girls pitching, we just haven't had the right stuff. We are currently in third place with our nemesis tied for first with another team. Until last night. Against our rival team. And get this. We only had 8 girls last night. We normally play 10. All 8 showed up in such a good mood. They can practically taste summer and they were bouncing up and down. Doing the wave in the dug out. Cheering, WE'VE GOT SPIRIT YES WE DO. WE'VE GOT SPIRIT HOW ABOUT YOU?!

With just the right mixture of attitude and airhead candies we pulled ahead 9 to nothing. The monster inside me was dancing and cheering like a 12 year old girl. Then the big hitter came up. Bases loaded. Yes. Yes she did. But that's ok. She's also their pitcher and she just sucked last night. She beaned 3 of our players who eventually all scored, so I forgave her. I figured it was my bad karma smacking our girls in the head anyway, so I decided to just chill. We ended up winning 11 to 6, knocking them out of first place. We are now known as the little spoilers that COULD. One more game tonight and then the championships. At this point, it doesn't matter who wins or loses just that IT'S FINALLY ALMOST OVER!

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:53 AM