decorative image decorative image
Autumn's Mom decorative image
My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California, United States

Hey. I see you there. Thanks for the visit, hope I'll be seeing you again soon.

Not One, But THREE..shoot make that four
I Wanna Be A Cowgirl!
It's Friday!
For a couple of months now, it's worked out that w...
The One Where She Got A Tattoo
Who Doesn't Love a Little Sunshine??
Untitled Project with Adam Sandler
Indiana Jones
I had my first bridal shower this weekend and it w...
W is for Weekend

Powered by Blogger

Title Images: Image Cafe
Image Hosting: Flickr
Design: Design in Reflection
Geeky Friend: Tommy's Daddy

 


Friday, June 13, 2008

Please Don't Tell Me It's Going To Be a Shitty Friday The 13th

I'm not superstitious. Much.

We woke up to a beautiful Friday morning, only to find someone had been sick during the night. All Over The Bathroom. Half the kids are sick with one thing or another. One has an ear infection and the other in the doctors office today getting throat culture and hopefully a negatory on the stink eye. Sigh. We have free tix to an amusement park good only for tomorrow. I'm hoping everyone can pull their selves together for our trip. It won't be a complete loss because the tix were a gift, but the kids are pretty excited about going.

I am not going to let a little sickness ruin my day though. My daughter is finishing her last day of the seventh grade today. Next year is going to be a big year. Our junior high ends at 8th grade. As did my school growing up. I remember thinking I was IT in 8th grade. I could digress into the summer of 1983 but I won't. You were there. I hope they have a wonderful summer. We have decided to remain living here where I'm currently living and find a bigger place to house our monkeys. Autumn and I are relieved and the other kids I hope for the most part are excited about our being a family here. They spend a lot of time here and are getting used to it slowly but surely. The advantages to living here as opposed to where they were is the small size. They are free to roam about the place, visit the city pool, parks and library all within walking distance. I hope they begin to make friends this summer before starting their new schools.

Normally I mourn the passing of another school year and am sad that I'm another year closer to Autumn flying from the nest, but I'm truly looking forward to her and our #1 son going into the new school year. It's going to be a great year filled with academics, dances and they will have the opportunity to go to Washington DC or Japan. Ok, my kids won't have the Japan option, because I can't let go that much but it's offered. I look forward to Autumn having 3 of her siblings at her school and her being able to share her specific experience with her closest brother. Our #1 son is quickly becoming acclimated to her life and friends. I'm finding it hard to talk about them without giving you their specific names. Henceforth, they shall be known as 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th son.

Digressing here...
I bought these on our last trip to Disneyland



One representing each of us and our fat cat line across my back windshield, goes about halfway across. We were coming out of Target the other night and saw a family checking the stickers out. As they walked away, their youngest child said aloud, "Geez that's a lot of kids!" Yes, Timmy. It is.

posted by Autumn's Mom at 8:25 AM